Raised floors are an interesting detail in a home. They help to section off space without the use of walls, and they sometimes even create hidden storage areas. We've seen several examples of platforms on Apartment Therapy (both DIY and professionally built) put to good use...
• 1 In Alan's Andersonville Loft, a raised floor differentiates the dining room.
• 2 Tim Sloan's kitchen incorporates storage in the sliding steps.
• 3 A DIY platform bed doubles as shelving for books.
• 4 The high, raised steps in the Shipley and Halmos office create extra seating.
• 5 A platform serves as a bedroom at the Bratsera Hotel in Hydra, Greece.