- Cleveland , OH
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I am surrounded by only the things I love. Having a small apartment means that I have to be very selective about the furniture and pieces I buy. There is no room to have things that I only like and not love. Additionally, I can splurge on getting the pieces I am obsessed with because I don’t have a lot of square footage to fill up. When all I need is one sofa, I can spend more on getting the one I really want. Frankly, I never notice that my apartment is tiny. It has high ceilings, big windows, and a lot of storage. These things make all the difference. I also love my location. I live in University Circle, which is a beautiful cultural district in Cleveland. If I am ever feeling cooped up, there is always something going on within walking distance.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Have furniture that can move easily. When guest come over, the floor plan might need to be revised to fit everyone. The island in my kitchen/living room is on wheels, which comes in handy.
2. Be realistic with what you need. If you don’t need it or absolutely love it, don’t keep it. Your space needs to be functional.
3. Use big mirrors. It makes rooms look more spacious.