A "Favorite Thing" could be anything in your home that you love — a painting, your bed, a lamp, a spoon — but it has to be YOUR favorite thing. Maxwell, founder of Apartment Therapy, introduces this new series, which will celebrate a "favorite thing," and the story behind that thing, in an Apartment Therapy home (submissions welcome!).
• Submissions: Do you have a Favorite Thing? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site!
• The Star: Maxwell launched Apartment Therapy in 2004, turning the weekly email into a daily blog post, reviewing stores, offering tips, posting photos of his own design projects and answering readers' questions.
Ten years ago, Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan was known as the "apartment therapist," traveling by scooter to his clients' homes to help them make their spaces beautiful, organized and healthy. Part interior designer, part life coach, his touchpoints were simplicity, comfort, and lack of clutter. Maxwell has a B.A. from Oberlin College, an M.A. from Columbia University, and a M. Ed. from Antioch. He lives in New York's SoHo with his daughter, Ursula.
• The Music: Music for this video by Pete Miser.
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
Books by Maxwell:
• Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces
• Apartment Therapy Presents: Real Homes, Real People, Hundreds of Design Solutions
• Apartment Therapy Presents: The Eight Step Home Cure