Today we've rounded up a selection of pet devices that should help ease the frustration of everyday chores related to sharing a home with a pet. Whether you're a new or experienced pet owner, you might just find something that will save time and worries, and make your life together that much more pawesome.
For the Cat
If YouTube and the photos posted on th internet are any indication, cats are taking over! That doesn't mean they have to rule our homes though. Here are some pet devices meant to make the lives of both owner and the pet (you decide which is which) easier:
- Cat Genie Self-Cleaning Litter Box - Nobody likes scooping litter. Let Cat Genie do some of the work for you. You hook this device up to a water line and a drain and then it scoops and cleans the litter without a fuss. People who use it seem to love it, and it could be especially useful for multi-cat households. We like the dome hood add-on to give it a little sleeker look.
- Tattle Tale Vibration Alarm Pet Trainer - Cats have an uncanny ability to know where they're not supposed to be. Use the Tattle Tale to keep your cat(s) from jumping onto places where temptation might get the best of them (like shelves with glass or vases on display). You simply place the device on the prohibited surface and it sounds a shocking alarm when the cat intruder is detected with vibration technology. It might not be as effective as the Blender Defender but it should do the job more practically.
- Pioneer Pet Fountain - You may not be able to prevent cats in sinks but you can treat them to running water. This pet fountain from Pioneer does the job without looking too hideous or complex. It's on our cat's wish list.
For the Dogs
Dogs are still man's best friend, but any owner will admit that it's a lot of work to keep them well-exercised and clean. These gadgets help you do those tasks better and more efficiently.
- Stunt Puppy Hands-free Dog Leash - Running with a dog can be fun. Holding a leash the whole time though, not so much. Whether you like to run or power walk, this hands-free leash could make taking your best friend more enjoyable. Best of all, its brought to you by someone who has developed and tested it with his own dog running experience.
- HydroSurge Rapid Bath Dog Washing System - Unlike cats, dogs need you to wash them. Do that task quickly and more easily with this all-in-one washing system. Connect it to your shower head or water hose and the built-in solution will wash and shampoo at the same time. But what to do with that wet dog?
- B-Air Bear Power Dog Dryer - Give your dog a blow-out. Use this portable dog dryer to take their hair from wet to set. Small, powerful, and perhaps just what you need to prevent doggy shower shakes.
- Pet-Temp Instant Ear Thermometer - Pets. They're just Us. Use this thermometer when they look like they're having a bad day and find out if they need extra TLC or a trip to the vet. It features disposable tips and an ergonomic design that should fit easily into their ears.
- Swann Wireless Mat and Pet Chime - Ding-dong! Once your pet stands on this wireless mat you'll know he/she is ready to roll out or roll back in. Maybe they'll even learn to do this without a "meow" or a "woof". Wouldn't that be nice?
- Perfect Automatic Pet Feeder - This automatic feeder is still the standard and passed our test lab review with flying colors. It's bright, shiny and costs a pretty penny, but what price would you pay to get some extra Zzzz?
Lead Image: Flickr member TheGiantVermin, used under Creative Commons