- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the blend of the inexpensive pieces and the one of a kind's, like the tile mosaic in the dining room that was created by my grandfather, my "Roger Sterling" silver fox footstool in the living room, and my print of "Sin Miedo" series 1/7, created by a dear friend. Check out her work at michellethomasfineart.com
Even though my apartment is a bit of a rectangle cookie cutter, the upgrades made by the owner, plus some personalizations I made, make it cozy and inviting.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. A lesson I learned from an old roommate is the importance of greenery, so I've incorporated lots of plants and flowers to bring the outside in.
2. Use the KISS method, Keep It Simple Stupid! You don't have to have things on every surface and wall, and use the one in/one out rule to cut down on clutter.
3. Make your bed every morning, put away all your junk mail, groceries, etc. as soon as you get home, and do all your dishes before bed. Small spaces get overwhelmed very quickly, so keeping up with these chores helps with your home's tidiness.